Wednesday 19 January 2011

Visions from the Modern Day Mead of Madness/Neurosis.

The unnatural, harshly lighted, buzzing and whirring over caffeinated, O-zone and toner dust poisoned office environment as a modern day mead of madness, a neurotic void, and nature arbours a void. I SEEK TO FILL IT WITH VISIONS, I stare into this void, and into the UNKNOWN.

To put it another way, I sit in the office, I get bored, I'd like to fall asleep but they won't let me so I drink coffee, or tea, and lots of both, usually with a lot of sugar which I'm not used to, all this combines to create quite an intoxication within me, like the ordeal rituals of cults and tribal societies, I am forced to stare into the void, and it stares back, and there I find inspiration..........of a very strange sort.

Why polystyrene cups? Firstly its a challenge to draw on them, especially if you're drinking from them at the time. Secondly the pen sinks into the polystyrene turning them into carvings of a sort. Thirdly their circular form provides an interesting way to tell stories, and fourthly...........they're FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment